Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Alice in Chains "Black Gives Way To Blue"


Legendary '90s grunge band Alice In Chians has set Black Gives Way To Blue as the title of its first new studio album in more than 10 years, due on September 29 via EMI's Virgin Records.

The band and producer Nick Raskulinecz (Rush, Foo Fighters) began recording last October at Studio 606 in Northridge, California and recently finished mixing at Henson Studios in Hollywood.

There is not a single album I'm more curious to hear this year than this one. I'm really rooting for these guys to succeed, and I'll be buying this disc the day it comes out. I HOPE it lives up to my expectations.

Original vocalist Layne Staley died of a cocaine-heroin overdose in 2002. This will be their first album with new vocalist William DuVall.

Here they are doing "Again" with their new vocalist, William DuVall, at Rock am Ring in 2006. For the record, I think this guy has a great voice.



And here's "Angry Chair" from Adelaide Soundwave this past February.

No comments:

Post a Comment